Thursday, October 21, 2004

These, these are good problems to have.

As I stumbled out of my shop to welcome my darling Tambo home last night, I looked quite the site. My heavy work clothes rumpled and dirty, jaw unshaven, and my tangled hair stuffed under a stocking cap. I fear I may have looked a bit like one of those guys you see on the side of the road holding a cardboard sign… save being COVERED in hot pink and black bits of hemp. Later, after restoring myself to a somewhat more presentable state, while preparing dinner and stealing delightful kisses we had this conversation.

“Whew. Just put the last of the HogTied order out.”
“damn, that was a LOT of rope.”

I should point out that when I left San Francisco last month, along with many good stories to tell I also left with a huge rope order from the nice perverts at HogTied.Com. In fact, the last 3 weeks I have cranked out more rope than I ever have. More than I took to sell at Folsom to be exact.

“Yeah, that was a hard push…the money is great but I’m glad that is done. I hate making customers wait. Now I can get this backlog knocked out and then start getting ready to fill all the Christmas orders and build stock for the December show.”
“Good plan.”

Then the shop phone rang.
10 minutes later I wander back into the kitchen, eyes wide and feeling like I was just punched in the sternum.

“You know that order for Hogtied I just put out?”
“yes…”
“Some nice lady in Florida just ordered twice that much. She even paid in advance.”
“Oh crap…I mean yeah!!”


With that, anyone want a part time job? I need a minion for about 20 hours a week. The work is menial; you will be cold and by the end of the day covered in hemp fibers. The pay sucks and your boss, well your boss is an egotistical jerk. Oh and you better like listening to Abba. That said, it you know someone in Seattle who would like some extra cash… point them my way exploitmeexploitme@twistedmonk.com

P.S. To the reader who introduced themselves to me last night, thank you. You made my night; I wish I knew someone like you when I was a boy scout.