Monday, January 16, 2006

Right now I look like someone took a swing at me. All the white space of my right eye has been replaced by a mass of red veins. Ever since the ARS show in Austin I get this when I push too hard. Go too long with out proper sleep and my one eye just goes nuts and looks all manner of gross. If I make a point to get some extra sleep it will be gone in a few days, but boy howdy does it look strange right now.

My first column for Janesguide.com is ready to go. While I enjoy the act of writing and have been writing to all o you for nearly two years now, this first column has been a bit of a challenge. Dancer has been a huge help, sharing her years of experience and wielding the editor’s pen, as I work to get my column writing legs underneath me. Funny, some folks would be happy having one amazing, supportive partner who actively contributed to the success of their craft. Me? I have two.

The next big event on our radar is Body Bound in Portland, OR. If you have not yet registered for this, best do it now. This will be an intimate event, so space is really limited. Last I heard Bridgett had only a few slots left. Now for those of you who are going, oh boy do we have some great things in store for you! I just got back from a late dinner with Midori and while I can’t share the details yet… oh boy, you will not want to miss this event.

Ok, so now I’m just rambling here so I should take that as my queue to go to bed. Now before I do, I have a question for you. Actually more along the lines of a musical recommendation request. I’m a fan of what some would call the “Jangly pop” sound. Stuff like Harvey Danger’s, “Save it for later” or The Magnetic Fields’, “1000 butterflies” (actually I really like just about anything from them). Well recently I discovered the tune “This Year” from The Mountain Goats and REALLY like that sound.

So, any recommendations for tunes to fill out the “Jangle Pop Mix” on my I-pod?