Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It was 20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play...


Hard to believe it, 20 years ago, a mere 10 days after my 18th birthday, this picture was taken. Tambo and I were married on this day, in 1988. As you can tell from my mullet and fashion choices, we were very much children of the 80's too. And children we were, so young and baby faced.. so full of hope and wonder at what would come next. Hard to imagine that those two kids would one day grow up to be us, or that we were once them. A lot has happened in the past two decades, so many changes and through it all we managed to stay together and more importantly stay in love and happy together.

What is our secret you ask? I wish I could give you a magic bullet for long term happiness, but when asked we tend to look at each other and sorta shrug and say "I dunno?" Call it equal parts luck, tenacity and the understanding that no matter how much we change and evolve as the years go by that in the end, she is my closest friend, ally and confidant. That no mater what the days may bring, we know that when the chips are down we can always count on the other.

Labels: , ,