Wednesday, June 09, 2004

My clothes reek of old cigarettes and my ears are ringing, It is late and I am tired. Who kept me out so late on a Tuesday night? Glad you asked, Just got back from seeing a live show with S, Franz Ferdinand. If you have not heard of these guys yet, crawl out of whatever rock you have been hiding under and take a listen, these guys are not to be missed. Enjoy them now before they get too big and forget how to make an entire club dance along.

Actually, I have been seeing a lot of live shows with S these days. She loves them; she loves the energy of the crowd. I can see why, when your in the thick of it, in a small smoky club, swimming with fans it is easy to get caught up in the energy of the performance. Of course she likes some. Well let’s just call them “Very Indie” acts. Before one show, she described the band as “Imagine a bunch of Russian crack babies, kidnapped by gypsies and trained for the circus." Now with a setup like that, how could I NOT want to see this band?

Both she and T love music. It is scary to hear them compare bands. I think between the two of them we have just about all the musical bases covered. That is of course omitting the sin that is “new country”. What the hell is up with that anyways? But that is a topic for anther day.

Anyways, go listen to Franz. They are definitely the “next big thing”. My only complaint was that the show was WAY too short. This being their first album, clocks in at a mere 38 minutes. That and the lack of a back catalog made for a fast, yet high energy show. I think tonight was the first time I have ever exited the Showbox before midnight. Too bad really, after 3 over priced beers and a hour of lousy opening band, I would have liked a bit more for my 16 buck ticket.

Oh and I should mention that this is one of the albums that S and I scene to. So for most of the show, I was covertly spanking her round bottom in time to the drums and smiling.

Night :)