Saturday, June 05, 2004

Sigh, my apologies for the lapse in postings. No, no sudden illness or kidnappings by the People’s Front of Judea. Rather just the chaos of everyday life. Have you ever noticed that you can be up to your ass in things going on, but when someone asks you “So what have you been up to?” All you can do is shrug and meekly say “um... stuff?”

That said let me take a moment and answer some questions I have gotten recently.

Nope, I did not sell anything at the art show last weekend. In fact nobody sold anything. Swingers, true to form, loved the work but would not open their wallets. Most feared that having a piece of art on the wall that was of a sensual nature might somehow tip off the neighbors about their double life.

Yes, I do actually wear a suit of armor. No, I’m not part of the SCA. I have all my fingers and teeth, thank you. At every show we tell the audience that we are in fact actors, not fighters and that we are not trying to hurt each other when we joust. Inevitably after a show we get some moron who obviously spent way too much time in the beer hall looking to go toe to toe with us. Look buddy, I don’t fight with a rattan stick. I’m an ACTOR who uses a forged steel sword to do his job. Ok I’ll stop ranting.

My next batch of rope will be here in 2 weeks. Fresh from Romania and ready to go! After many weeks of negotiation, translation, and work, this will be the first batch where I have completely bypassed the middleman and bought direct from the growers. We will know for sure in 2 more weeks, but so far it looks like the product will the of the highest quality yet and the price… well we are still working out the new pricing structure, but suffice to say that the retail price for high quality hemp rope just went WAY down.