Thursday, July 08, 2004

The Mom

Now seems like a good time to tell you all about T’s mom. T and The Mom (as I like to call her) have a relationship that most folks would envy. Rather than that classic mother / child power exchange that most of us have, you know that "I gave birth to you so do what I ask". They are actually friends. I dare say The Mom is T's best friend. Here is just one example of how cool their relationship is. When T was a teenage rock fan, The Mom made her a deal. She would take T to ANY concert she wanted to, on the condition she accompanied her to a show she wanted to see. So for every Night Ranger or Yes show T drug The Mom to, T saw acts like The Doobie Brothers, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and even front row center for Wayne Newton. Feel free to give her hell for that one, I do all the time.

Sadly The Mom lives in the great white north, we are talking the WAY north, like North Pole north. So she and T spend a lot of time on the phone together. They talk about everything. Invariably I always walk in and catch snippets of the conversation, things that make my jaw drop. Like, I kid you not, the time T told The Mom about hooking up at a swing club. “Yeah it was pretty cool. Monk and I took turns fucking this pretty girl we met on the dance floor…yeah, with a strap on… it was cool!” I could only dream of having this sort of uncensored conversation with one of my parents. Then again I think MY head would explode.

Needless to say, when The Mom officially “came out” as kinky about 10 years ago. Who was the first person she told? You got it, T. Now that was a phone conversation to remember. The Mom confessing to her daughter that she wants to be a 24 / 7 slave and fears the rest of the family will shun her and T, rather than freaking out, calmly responding, “Cool, do you have any one particular in mind?”

Yes, The Mom is one of a kind. Dearer to me than my own genetic parents, she was also my first true BDSM friend. She was the one I came to for advice after my first D/s experience. We have tested floggers on each other at Toys in Babeland, photographed in collar for her master, and even once we got royally stoned together.

She, in fact, gave me my first book on rope bondage.