Tuesday, July 13, 2004


What do you get when you add equal parts delicious sushi, suspension bondage and a liberal helping of charisma? You get the monk, in his element, doing what he does best. Creating a feast for both the palate as well as the eyes. So rather than drone on and on about how I practiced the sushi placement with legos and a life size cut out of my model, or how I started making the rice for the event some 12 hours in advance. Let me hit you with the highlights.

The model, my dear friend cedar, was bound to a bamboo frame and then suspended about 4 feet off the ground for the entire event. She was up and naked for well over 2 hours. At one point I asked her if she was going to be ok. Her response?
"Do we look good?"
"Yes my dear, you look amazing"
"Then I can stay here forever."

What a gal.

The fish? As you can see on the shot, a mix of types and styles. Chosen first for their visual quality and second for their taste. First rule of cooking, presentation in 90% of the flavor. The audience must have thought so as well. I restocked the lovely cedar some 4 times as well as sent several platters out into the audience. By the end of the night, she was picked clean. Right down to the picked cucumbers that ring her lovely breasts. The crowd ate EVERYTHING and asked for more. The judge's favorite? The salmon and tuna sashimi mound between her legs. They kept making "smells just like fish" jokes all night.

The competition, dare I say that boy did not stand a chance. Maybe it was the goggles.