Monday, September 20, 2004

Remember kids, don't try this at home




I always tell folks that no I am not a "sword fighter"; rather I am an "actor who is trained to use a sword". In my mind there is a big difference; actors are not purposely trying get hurt. Of course accidents do happen.

A fraction of a second late with my block and a student that I was pushing too hard yielded me a new scar. Right on my melon, why is it always the head? That's right, dear readers, I caught the business end of a broadsword on my skull. Netted myself three stitches, as you can see from the photo, and one hell of a headache.

Later that night while I prepared to do horrible things to a most delightful girl at the wetspot, Max had this to say. "Well now you can tell folks that you have a real dueling scar..."