Thursday, October 28, 2004

10 Reasons Why I Love Tambo
(in no particular order)

1) She still laughs at my stories, even though she probably has heard them a thousand times. This blog is largely due to her constantly prodding me to write down many of those stories.

2) She is a chameleon. Going from wearing a suit of armor in the morning (looking sexy as hell in it), spend the day getting sweaty, dirty and playing the rough and tumble girl on the show field. To a Chinese silk pant suit and out on the town. The picture of elegance and ophistication. (And look so sexy that strangers stare.)

3) Three Words, Asian Horror Movies.

4) When I am angry, she listens patiently while I rant and vent, then when I’m ready to listen she calmly points out the other side of the argument. Never once discounting my position or feelings. She knows when to give solutions and when to just listen and understand.

5) She knows the move… you know, the one that makes your toes uncurl. Many lovers have tried, but none can compare to her. After 16 years together she still blows my doors off in bed.

6) She is brave, braver than she gives herself credit for.

7) She has this wisdom that comes from being observant. She watches things and pays attention to the details. I often call her my “Mentat” or “Truth Sayer”. She just knows and understands things far better than I most days.

8) She talks to me, about anything. Yes, one of the central aspects of successful poly is constant, open communication. We had this long before we knew that was what we were supposed to do. Our conversations run from the news of the day to interpersonal relationships to singing our favorite Monty Python songs together.

9) She is constant. No matter how busy, outrageous or crazy my world becomes she is this calm center. The paperweight that keeps the pages of my world from being blown away.

10) She loves me, even when I was unable to love myself.


To be honest there are a thousand and one more reasons, from her vastly superior taste in music to how adorable she looks when she tries to run away while in partial suspension. For all these reasons and for the ones I have yet to discover, I am so glad that she was born. The world, my world in particular, is a much better place. So please join me is saying,

Happy Birthday Tambo!