Monday, October 04, 2004

I *heart* this shirt

 
I picked this shirt up last weekend at Folsom and just love it. I have been looking forward to the opportunity to wear it and got my chance at the bondage class & party yesterday. I must say that it pretty well summed up my character for the day. Monk, the pretty boy slut.

Max’s class was fantastic, as always. The place was packed with students all eager to bind and be bound. Many thanks to those of you who came out and bought rope for the event, I just love to see folks tying each other up with rope made by me. My inner slut just wants to do the happy dance. Oh and to the reader who came by and introduced herself and proudly showed off her pretty bundle of crimson, thanks that made my day. If you ever want that bundle cut down and whipped into some more manageable sizes just let me know.

And speaking of my inner slut, well maybe my outer slut… I would be remiss if I did not tell you about all the cool people who were there. One of the truly wonderful aspects of being poly is that it is completely normal to, after having a chest and arm harness tied by Tambo, bound over to Dancer and shimmy up next to her while she cackles and tries to pinch my nipples. Then, arms still bound, look across the room at Milan, who is enjoying tying up a very attractive boy, catch her eye and give her a depraved look. Only to then wriggle out of the arm bind, and help my friend Dave bind his sweet wife, wriggle back into the arm harness and then bound back over to Tambo where she and her crush are exchanging laughs and looks. The whole time, Silk is looking at me shaking her head going “This is what we call a free range bottom”

Now I must tell you that this is really not as easy as it may seem. Being poly and in a social situation where several of your lovers are present does require some control and respect for all involved. It would be really easy to just bounce around like a hyperactive 12 year old from lover to lover, but that is really not a good plan. You end up not giving anyone enough attention and short changing everyone involved.

First rule, respect the lover’s date. If your lover is there with someone already (be that their primary or other secondary or the lucky person for the night), that person has first dibs on their attention. You can’t just wedge yourself in between them and start kissing the object of your affection. No, wait till they have a break or free moment and then you can spend some time with her. Or they will pause what they are doing and come find you. Flirt, steal a kiss or two but that is about it. They are not your date so don’t be expecting more than that. Trying to monopolize on their time or trying to attack them with kisses in front of their date is just not cool. Save that kind of attention for when they are YOUR date.

Conversely, you can only split your focus from your partner so far. They are, after all YOUR date so they get the lion’s share of your attention. You came with them, you will leave with them and if you’re lucky you will cum with them soon too.