Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I must say that I am feeling quite better...
Not yet 100% and certainly not strong enough to swing a sword again, no that will have to wait a few more days. However I am feeling mentally alert again, I fear that is the part I hate the worst. Yes the body aches and 30pounds of snot in your melon suck, but the bleary incoherent thought really annoys me. I must say a big thank you to Dancer for the guest post, who knew we had such a Batman fetish going? And all this time I thought you were hot for Aquaman?

While rest is quite possibly the best way to kick a flu bug’s ass, I have however found a few more items that really seem to do the trick.
Hot and spicy Thai soup, 4 or 5 stars. The hotter the better, clears the head right out.
A hot toddy made from lemon juice, honey, hot water, and a shot of Yukon Jack. An old home remedy from back on the farm. Dad swore by them. Clears the nose out, smoothes the throat and relaxes you to sleep.
Bad kung-fu movies. Don’t ask me why, but when I am sick, all I want to do is lie on the couch and watch badly dubbed Shaw Brothers films from the 70’s.

Maybe I put a wee bit too much Yukon Jack in my last hot toddy?

Give me a few more days of this and then I'll be back to writing about top secret dates, having to be switch gears and be "the supportive Poly husband", and how to go from nice guy to sadisctic bastard in .4 seconds.