Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Christmas Episode:

So I suppose I should write some kind of holiday related posting. You know, the venerable Christmas episode where I go all “bah humbug” about the holiday, only to discover the season’s true meaning when I come to the aid of a group of racially diverse, TV friendly, orphans who break out into song and dance numbers right before the commercial breaks….

Yeah right.

No, my Christmas Eve was spent photographing the sweet Kitten…naked…in a jail cell.

Now that is a fun way to spend a holiday. Of course there was that amazing dinner at Cascadia Tambo and I had and it’s subsequent food coma…. Or the fact that we are going to spend damn near all day in bed today. It is not that I do not like the holiday; rather I just don’t feel the need to get all caught up in it. If you want the big tree and the inflatable Santa on your roof you go have a great time. Me? I’m going to pile the quilts on my bed and snuggle up to my dearest Tambo.

Now if I could just teach the dog how to make coffee I’d be set.

There is one thing however that I do wonder. How many folks gave the gift of rope this morning? Here is one letter I got from a very happy Santa.

Merry Christmas!

Master opened His rope today. Did I tell you I wrapped it in the box with the nosehook? I wanted to make sure He knew they went together. Anyway, He was pretty excited when He realized it was the 4mm, and then He saw the nosehook and put two and two together (and got mental pictures of a severely bound and humiliated (happy) slavegirl) and I could tell He was really pleased.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for all you do, and for the rope, and for deciding to carry the smaller size, and heck, for quitting corporate America and going into the rope business to begin with. I know you probably hear this all the time, but your rope changed my world - *rocked* my world - and I'm really thankful to you for that.



And this would be the place where the youngest orphan, who is handicapped in some heart tugging (yet TV friendly) way, puts the star on top of the tree, with the help of Monk who has now seen the true meaning of Christmas (thanks to their non-denominational songs and in-offensive dance numbers), and say “God bless us, everyone”

Happy Whatever The Hell You Make It