Thursday, December 09, 2004

Pulled another one out of the hat.

Somehow we did it. Somehow we managed to go from zero stock, a mountain of back orders and an upcoming show to all orders filled, decent stock for the show as well as new products. All in less than three weeks. That would be something like 5000 feet of rope in just over 21 days. Now I’d love to take all the credit here and tell you all how by my incredible force of personality and ability to go days with out sleep are the reasons why. No, the real heroes here are my die hard friends and allies.

Specificaly, I really should tell you all how Tambo and Galahad have been working tirelessly to see that we make our deadlines. I should be praising them for their creativity and ingenuity. I really must tell you all how you all owe Galahad thanks for single handedly bringing the new t-shirts in…
But right now I’m far, far too exhausted. All I can do is shake my head and thank the universe for sharing people like this with me… I do not deserve them.

When this is all said and done, I promise to make you both a huge batch of cookies and serve them too you still warm with vanilla ice cream.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine -- softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.

Combine the
softened butter or margarine and the peanut butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined; set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture and chocolate pieces to the dough. Stir until the dough is well blended.

Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.

Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned or a slight impression remains when the cookies are lightly touched with a fingertip.

Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.