Thursday, January 06, 2005

Monk’s Week Off Blog Project: Day 5

Of all my friends and allies, Silk is the one person I know who will be the first to tell me when I’m acting too big for my britches and I adore her for that.
Today I'm finalizing the paperwork on the new studio, taking a sweet girl out for a birthday lunch and then it's off to the Grind with Dancer... to break in the new kilt.

Ah, Monk. How did I actually meet this crazy, lovely man? Kreig and I were at a motorcycle show. After standing at this one booth for about 45 minutes talking to this guy, who LOVED his Ural and was also tired from a New Year's party. He leaned into Kreig and asked, "Are you the guy in the kilt?" Yes, we were at New Horizons for the same party, but with 300+ people there it is hard to remember everyone. Luckily, Utilikilts weren't that common then.

This started a wild ride of friendship that cannot be tamed. Not that I would want to. Though I think there are times when Monk wished that he carried a gag on him when I am around. My job in life is to taunt tops. Don't ask me why I think it is fun...I think it is my version of an extreme sport.

I find that we share a refreshing honesty with each other. It is a rare friendship that allows you to one minute cruelly mock each other and turn around and support each other the next. But Monk also knows that he and Tambo are in the small group of people that I would actually consider bodily harm to anyone that hurt them (without permission of course!) They inspire that kind of loyalty in their friends.

Monk and I have one thing in common. Our spouses are afraid to let us be alone together in public. It seems we have this tendency to become bigger than we already are around each other. And without Kreig and Tambo to rein us back in....I mean we got kicked out of a sex store. The one place we thought we were safe. There was some discussion about us being in SF together with no supervision. We did fine...and only freaked out the people on the streets a few times. A record for us.

I think my favorite thing about Tambo is the fact that she laughs at my jokes. No really, it is that she shows an innocence in the SM world that I find so welcome in the community. I mean this girl has done more and seen more that I have but she still looks at it all with a wide-eyed wonder. It constantly reminds me that the day you lose the fascination and curiosity in any aspect of life you may as well just give up and become a telemarketer.

Glad to see Monk took a week off. Sleep, my friend, you are so gonna need it!