Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My creativity is slowly coming back online. Slowly. I’d say I’m about 75-80% better. Not really good enough to plunge headlong into my insane pace just yet, but thanks to some well timed help by some very good souls (you know who you are, bless you) I should be able to keep things rolling and meet the production demands as well as begin moving into the new space this week.

I was, however, feeling good enough last night to do something for Tambo that I have never done before. I read to her while she lay next to me in bed. I never thought that it would be a comforting thing to do till Dancer, when I first started to get sick, had done it for me. Funny thing about being poly, we tend to focus on who is sleeping with who and how to address the issues of jealousy. However there are so many other facets to having multiple, intimate relationships. So many things you learn. Tiny lessons taught by one lover, only to be passed on to another. When I lay sick and feverish, Dancer read to me. I’m not sure how much of the story I retained or if I could even tell you the name of the author. However I do know that it felt good to hear her voice, calming. While she could do little to stop or even slow the sickness as it bulldozed it’s way though my immune system, she made it a little better by sharing something very intimate. A story, told in her voice to a body that could only lay and listen.

By the time my voice had gained enough strength, I sought to share that same feeling with Tambo. Propping her up on pillows with the covers up to her chin and a warm kitty by her side I opened up the book and began to read aloud. When Tambo finally drifted off with a smile, I said a silent thank you to Dancer for sharing this gift with me so that I could in turn share it with Tambo. Knowing that Tambo will teach me a thousand more tiny lessons that I in turn will share with Dancer someday.