Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The rope demo

So I'm standing there doing my thing. It is a local event so I’m entertaining the folks, answering questions and trying to make the sale when this girl walks up to me and says that she knows me. She claims that we met a couple months ago. Hmm, quick flash through the mental Rolodex... Maybe… but this girl is much more attractive in the flesh than the one I *think* I remember.

We talk for a minute about the rope, she seems cool, sexy, and gives off that "I'm open to more than just the sales pitch" vibe... So I decide to step up my attention. “Care for a demo?” I ask. A rope demo is a great way to flirt; I can get close to someone, touch her wrists a bit and get a feel (as it were) if she is interested in more than just my rope.

Hands are a safe place to start. Not too intimate, you can get closer with out invading their personal space, just enough to see how she responds. Does she smile when you wrap the ropes, does her eyes take on that glow? So far so good.... Hands now bound, I ask if she has ever had her hair bound? With a huge grin she eagerly nods her head in approval. Hair, on the other hand is much more intimate. You get to pull it back and expose the soft nape of the neck. She gives a shiver as I do this, always a good sign. When I tug the line tight I can feel her body pull into me a bit. Not so much that the casual observer might notice, but I… Oh I can tell she is really enjoying this. A quick check on how she is feeling, “want some more?” I ask. Next comes the face, about as intimate as you can get, short of removing clothes. It was in that moment, as the lines passed over her cheeks, we are close, face-to-face, that I can tell. She is really enjoying this. I whisper little words of encouragement as she opens her mouth to take the line between her teeth like a bit.

She seems disappointed as I remove the rope from her. I am too, but I know that this is as far as it should go in this space. Not here, not yet. Anything more will require her to come to me later and ask for more. As she gives me a hug to say thank you, I whisper to her, "E-mail me and let's talk about doing this again"

As she walks off I admire the shape of her retreating form and wonder if she will.