Monday, February 14, 2005

“…it was twenty years ago today”

So it is Valentines Day and I, like most of you, am not so big on the idea of a manufactured holiday. Why reserve just one day out of the year to tell someone you love them or give them flowers? These are things you should do everyday.

However this day does have a very dear place in my heart. You see Tambo and I went on our very first date on this day back in 1985. Yep, 20 years ago we went out for the very first time. What did we do? Vintage clothes shopping. The thing I remember the most about that day was that she giggled when we kissed. When I asked her why, she smiled and said, “cuz I’m really happy right now!”

The local alt newspaper is running personal Valentines Day messages this week. She wrote this one to me:
Monk: Hi sweetie. Can I help it if I’m in love with the sexiest, kilt wearin’ rope maker in the world? Nope, not in the least. –Your chewy-chocolate center


What can I say, she’s the best thing that ever happened to me.