Thursday, May 19, 2005

The note,

“Are you sure that you are ok with me fucking her with out you being there?”

An odd question to ask your partner over morning coffee, then again Tambo and I have always been a little odd.

These were the early days for us, long before we know what poly was and kink? Well kinky for us meant sex with out mutual lover, yes we dated an elusive HBB (Hot Bi Babe) at one time. While a great time was had by all, this was all still very new to us. When the opportunity came up for her and I to go on a date and Tambo was suddenly called into work that night, well things got interesting.

Tambo was totally cool with the idea of me taking our HBB lover out alnoe for the evening and then home to fuck her brains out with out Tambo. I on the other hand was not so sure. Up to this point this had been something we did together. A mutual exploration thing. How would me doing this with out her effect our relationship? Sure she might say that it is ok, but does she really mean that? Will there be an anvil in my near future? I wanted to trust her, but I was unsure. I would hate myself if I had gone through with it only to find out later that she was not ok, but just told me so.

Remember, this was VERY early in our poly development and we had yet to learn how to trust the other one completely. Poly is like a muscle, the more you work at it, the stronger it becomes. Up till this point we had yet to really flex that muscle.

Leave it to Tambo to come up with the perfect solution.

“How about I write you a note?”

“A note?!”

”Sure, a note giving you my permission to have sex with her.”

“um… ok I guess?”

So she did just that.

Dear HBB,
I give Monk my blessing to have as much sex as he can with you tonight. You two have a great time and tell me all about it when I see you again.
hugs,
Tambo”


Simple, yet very effective.

These days I know to trust her when she tells me “Go! Have fun!” but there are still a few rare days when I am unsure and give her that worried look and she says to me, “Do I need to write you another note?”

That Tambo is far wiser than she lets on.

Of course these days she also threatens to pin the note to my lapel like you would a kid on the first day of school