Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Bad, bad Monk

I have way too much to finish this week and I’m really not getting most of it done. Blame the heat, but let me tell you when it is 95+ in the Abbey the last thing in the world you want to do is bring 50 gallons of water to a rolling boil.

Yep, time to work naked.

Of course there is an upside, of all the things going on this week several of them are really cool surprises that I can’t wait to share with you all. Till then patience, dear reader.

Now it did not help that yesterday, as soon as I walked into the shop, I grabbed Nerdy and drug her out for pancakes and a trip to the uber cool record store near the Abbey. If you are going to be hot and uncomfortable, might as well have good tunes to make the day move faster.

Here is what were jamming to yesterday:

White Stripes, Get Behind Me Satan. Hearing “My Doorbell” on the way into the shop was the main motivator for the morning’s detour anyways.
They Might Be Giants, A Users Guide to. Nerdy’s pick. She knows all the words to the song about “James K Polk” but never heard of “Bird House In Your Soul”. Strange Girl.
The Pouges, Best of. Damn, there is nothing quite like angry, drunken Irish music to get you moving… or into a bar fight.
Garden State, Soundtrack. Another one from Nerdy, but I’m thinking I’m going to steal this one. I know a certain girl who might enjoy this come Thursday night.

Honorable mention:
NiN, With Teeth. This was the album we listened to on the road trip out to Shibaricon in Chicago. It has become out unofficial theme album.

OK, back to work. Stay tuned cool stuff awaits….