Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Something old, something new, something really strange…

Its been awhile since we talked about music. Here are a few of the recent additions to my ipod

Public Enemy, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
*sigh* what can I say, Chuck D just kicks my white ass. Sure, Flavor Flav is doing reality TV but back in the day these guys were a force to be reckoned with. Even if you did not agree with all their politics, you have to respect their drive and passion.

Depeche Mode, Playing the Angel
Now I used to listen to DM way back in the “People Are People” days then they sort of fell off the musical map for me. However I really like this new CD. Maybe I have matured, grown into their new sound or maybe I finnaly figured out that they are a bunch of perverts, but this is really music to do an SM scene to. I mean with song titles like “A Pain That I am Used To” what else would you do?

Peaches, The Teaches of Peaches
Holly shit, how can I properly describe this? Um… angry yet funny, anti feminist, sex music sung by a former schoolteacher who was at one time was a sex worker. Machine driven beats and song titles like “Fuck the Pain Away” and “From AA to XXX” this is NOT a performer who is going to play Lilith Fair anytime soon. Oh and she also has a beard.