Monday, December 05, 2005

Home again

Home safe and sound from the Austin show. There is nothing quite like the feeling of coming home, that familiar warmth that no hotel can match. Now before I curl up in to the arms of my Tambo and catch up on some much needed sleep I do need to thank a few people.

First off, thanks for the nice perverts in Austin for hosting the event. As rope conventions go it was pretty damn good. Sure there were things that could have been done differently, that is the case with every convention. I’m looking forward to coming back next year.

I have a bundle of stories to share from the event, but I need to say thanks to a group of blog readers who became my extended family while I was at the show. New friends, old friends, even a friend who flew 15 hours on standby just to come to the event when he heard I was going to be there. Wow, you all rock. These wonderful folks brought me food, shuttled me about, let me wander into their classes and offer advice on ties, brought me cookies, let me tie them up, they shared their homes and their time with me. So… Lynn, Red, Chance, Hannah, Brian, Grey, and Minx you all have my thanks. These events would be really boring with out folks like you.

Now two individuals deserve a very special thanks. Goose and Gander were at the center of this little Austin love fest. Organizing a welcome for me, they opened their home and their lives to a bunch of relative strangers. There is so much love between these two people that it just seems to overflow into the world around them. These two are just about the nicest folks I have ever met in my travels.