Tuesday, February 07, 2006

And so dear readers we come again to the end of another long day, been a lot of long ones recently. Seems that things just keep getting busier and busier here at the Abbey. The January we were expecting, a moderately slow one, did not happen. Rather the momentum of Christmas just kept building till we are now busier than ever.

These, these are good problems to have.

Now as I sit here after everyone has gone home the Abbey is quiet, peaceful even. Here and there you can see the evidence of a frenzied day of rope making. Bails of unfinished stock wait to be boiled and dozens of orders sit in process, each one waiting for some last bit of rope to dry or end whipped. Funny, the place looks nothing like it did when we first moved in a year ago and as I sit here I can see that it will grow and change even more before our time here is done. A year, damn, back then we were all worried whether or not we could make the rent every month. Today this is our home, I could not imagine working anywhere else.

What a difference a year can make.

Speaking of what a difference a year can make, this weekend was Peanut’s one-year kink-anniversary. It was just about a year ago when she came to her first bondage party at the wetspot and sat, watching the event in pie eyed terror. Yep, we were barely moved into the Abbey when she came in one sunny afternoon and shyly admitted, “I think I like rope.” Griffin and I took her under our wing and did what we could to help aid her in her new life as an emerging kinkster.

Funny what a difference a year can make, no?

I must give the girl a ton of credit; she took it upon herself to explore - to push her own limits and step beyond her own fears. So, you can imagine my delight when she asked me to deliver her one-year anniversary scene at the last bondage party. A girl who nearly fainted in fear at her first public scene (also at my hands) happily took the full force of my rope top mojo. Peanut has grown and matured so much in the past year.

Much like the Abbey I look at her and wonder what new wonders the future holds for her too.