Friday, April 14, 2006

Ok so here is the deal. At the salon where I get my hair cut there is this charming girl. A sweet, browned eyed beauty with whom I have been enjoying a rather extended flirtation with. Nothing too serious or involved, just some extended conversation, laugher and an open offer for coffee sometime. This has gone on for sometime now, like 3 months or so? She also happens to know a very well known rope top here in Seattle and after a few conversations did the, “Are you the same Monk who makes the rope too?”

Interesting side note here, when chatting with my fabulously gay hairdresser about this matter and double-checking to make sure that I’m not being a total jackass here and she is just being nice because it is her job. He informed me that a) nope I’m not being a jackass and b) the women at the salon rarely get hit on. With a clientele that is mostly female, he gets approached all the time but when a guy approaches one of the female staff it is a rare and much gossiped about thing.

All in all I’d say that the chances of actually getting that coffee date are slim to none, however it is most charming to know that when the elevator doors open and I walk into the salon, she always makes a point to greet me with an extra warm smile and brings me coffee just the way I like it.

Of course my wonderful wife is conspiring against me.

See, she also goes to the same salon I do and yesterday when she checked in guess who was at the counter? Yep, you guessed it, the girl. Now Tambo knows the whole story and after the usual small talk had this exchange.
“My husband tells me that you know (Well Known Rope Top)?”
“Um… err… yes, yes I do”, She stammers in a surprised response.
Tambo will later tell me that it was at that moment when the girl put 2 and 2 together and realized who she was talking to.
“He also tells me that he would really like to tie you up sometime.”
With a turn she left the blushing girl at the counter, but not before saying in a reassuring tone, “You really should take him up on the offer. He is very good at it”

My calendar tells me that I’m due for a haircut in 2 weeks time. Hmm, I wonder what awaits me when I step off the elevator?