Monday, May 01, 2006

They call me, “El Nawashi”

One of the cooler benefits of where the Abbey is located is the giant covered loading docks that are attached to the building. This space is more like a central courtyard than just a set of docks really. The space has played host to concerts, film crews, fire sculptors, motorcycle rallies and more raves than you can shake a glow stick at.

Imagine my delight when I found out today that the space is to be rented out for the entire month of May to, get this, a women’s charity wresting event. Yep, they will soon be installing a 12x12, complete with ropes and turnbuckles, regulation wresting ring!

This, this is too good to be true! I may finally get to live out my fantasy of doing a masked Mexican wrestler takedown scene. I must locate my fringe cape and stetchy pants!

As if this day could not get any better.