Saturday, June 24, 2006

Tidbits and trifles on a sunny Saturday afternoon

Well first off, yes we are all sold out of “Phoenix”. We sold out in less than 36 hours. In fact the response was so overwhelming that at one point we actually overloaded our webstore service. To those of you who ordered this I say thank you. Thank you for caring enough about me and my little band of rouges to want a piece of our shared history. To those of you who missed out, once we get our collective heads above water and see to this initial crush of orders we will asses how much stock (if any) we have left over and place it back up for sale. I will announce it here on the blog first, so watch this space.

In other news, it is Gay Pride weekend here in Seattle (and probably the rest of the country too, but you know what I mean). While I do not sexually identify as queer, I tend to identify with the culture more than I do with the “straight life”. So I’ll be the first to admit that there is so much of history and struggle that I cannot begin to understand or lay claim to as my own, I guess maybe you could call me “Culturally Queer”? Also as a kinky person I owe a huge debt to the gay leather community who came before me for forging many of the customs and culture that I now enjoy as well as blazing the way for all of us in the “My sexuality scares most people” club.

Perhaps this is a topic better discussed in depth on another day? Right now I must finish polishing my motorcycle and round up Nerdy and Alex and go watch the parade and then dash down to the wetspot and host their monthly Vendor Night.