Monday, June 12, 2006

TwistedMonk.Com 1, Fire 0

After four long, grime filled days I am proud to announce that we are back in the rope making business! Sure, there is still lots of re-construction work left to do, a tarp covers the hole in the roof where the fire started, the new windows need some final seals installed and my office still smells vaguely of a bbq gone bad. However, these are all minor things, things we will address and correct in the coming weeks.

We could not have done this with out all of you.

The outpouring of support has been amazing. Donations of food, labor, money, well wishes and yes even the boobies made this recovery possible. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to all of you; mere words seem to not do the feeling justice. I am humbled and honored by it all. On Thursday morning, after the fire, I thought my world had ended and all I had built seemed lost forever, today as we take our first wobbly steps forward I am filled with great hope and optimism for what comes next.

On behalf of my crew my, leather family and myself, thank you.

This tale is far from over and I will blog more about this in the coming days, but right now I have rope to make. Our first dye bath is slated for tomorrow and I’m contemplating an appropriate color to commemorate the rebirth of this place we call hone, our beloved Abbey.