Thursday, October 12, 2006

It’s the first day (of the rest of your life)

Damn, life has been overwhelming these past few days! Between battling the crud (feeling mostly human now, thanks), taking care of those I love who have said crud, and keeping up with the sheer crush of work that has been flowing into the shop this week. Well lets just say that this poor journal has been getting the short end of the attention stick. That is not to say that I don’t have some awesome surprises in store for all of you in the next few days. Keep your eyes out for a new color of the month, a sweet new exotic and some video updates as well.

Along with all the swirling madness that seems to be October, yesterday was a huge day for us. Yesterday was Tambo’s last day at her hellhole of a tech job. After years of prodding, she decided to make the jump and take her destiny into her own capable hands.

She used to work in a high security office, yesterday marked the second time in like 5 years I have seen her desk. Now I spent the better part of a decade working in tech. So I am familiar with what it is like to work in that environment, spending more time with machines than humans, but damn seeing it first hand again was a shock. A dark, dimly lit in that sickly pale fluorescent lighting, no windows, artificially cold and that constant whine of a cpu fan… I actually had to step out of the room for fear that I was going to throw up. Yes, it physically made me sick. Funny, I’ve seen people willing get their mouths sewn shut, inflate their scrotums with saline and happily act as human toilets, but this place squicked me.

I know I complain about being cold and damp here at the Abbey, but damn at least I can see the sun!

And so, yes dear readers. We are about to embark upon another chapter in this story that is Monk and his little rope company. Tambo put up with her soul sucking office job for far too long in order to support me while the company was in it’s infancy. Now, it is my turn to return the favor and be her safety net.

It is going to be a very interesting few months…