Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Back from Boston.
Got in last night and fell down into bed. The good news is that of the 400 odd pounds of books and rope we brought out there, only a single suitcase (that could easily have fit in the overhead compartment) of stock returned. The even better news, IM NOT SICK! Yep, I started pounding the airborne (along with an entire battery of vitamins) a few days before leaving and have been doing so ever since.

The bad news? You know the drill, I return home to a pile of fresh new orders that will surely send Nerdy into fits and now need to get back to the Abbey and make more stock. Ya know what, I always will (kink gods willing). So why complain. I'm actually pretty damned happy to be so busy, no make that thrilled. It is pretty hard to say "woe is me" when someone you respect and admire calls you thier "hero", but that is a story for another day.

Yeah, there is lots of work to be done, but I think I'll enjoy the afterglow a bit longer and enjoy some much deserved time off, complie stories from the trip and see about spending some huge (preferably naked) blocks of time with Tambo and Matisse. Oh how I have missed them.

I will close on this. Alex, my awesomly cool boy, deserves a huge round of applause. This weekend was his first show working as my solo support person and he did a fantasic job. Boston was twice, if not three times, the size we expected it to be and we found ourselves knee deep in hungry rope customers from the moment the doors opened till well after the rest of the other booths closed down for the night. Alex never faltered, never flinched and never lost his smile or sense of humor.

Your Daddy is so proud of you.