Thursday, February 08, 2007

As you may know, my little rope company will once again be sponsoring Shibaricon. This event is the largest rope event of its kind and will attract hundreds of rope bondage enthusiast from all over the world. 4 days of classes, parties and lots of very cool people.

I need your help to spread the word. See, I have in my possession a few thousand postcards that advertise the event. The plan was to include them with all our outbound orders during the pre-Christmas rush, however due to a planning snafu I just got them - almost 3 months late. Now I ship a LOT of packages out every week, but there is no way I’m going to run out of these cards before registration closes for the event. It would be a shame to see them go to waste.

Here is where you can help me spread the word. If you have a bondage SIG, munch, local play space or club that you would like to share the good word with please drop me an e-mail ( blog@twistedmonk.com ) with your mailing address and I’ll send you a stack of cards (and a few other TM goodies as well to say thanks) to share with your friends. Thanks!

Oh and you wanted another Boston story didn’t you?

OK a quick one. Go to any SM/leather event and you are bound to see folks wearing collars. Collars have a wide range of meanings and varying levels of significance to those who wear them. However what is it with the bored looking folks in collars? Both Alex and I were a bit embarrassed to see a rather large number of bored looking women, usually dressed in a badly tied rope harness, being lead about on a collar and leash. As it to add insult to injury, if the bored expressions were not painful enough to watch, they did not even have the decency to use good rope!

Then they came to visit, the happiest submissive on a collar I have ever met. A trio of leather men, the first two were dressed in what you might call the “classic” leather tradition, 501 jeans, chaps, and leather vests. Nice guys who wanted to get some good rope and learn a few new ties. As we chatted and talked rope, their submissive stood just behind them and joyfully added his feedback to the discussion. “oh I like that color” or “I love it when they tie me up like that”
Did I fail to mention that the submissive in question was a 50 something man, shirtless, bald and covered in body hair? While not the prettiest thing to behold, he was simply ecstatic to be there, the pure joy of his huge smile and beaming blue eyes was contagious.

Leaving the booth, the submisive’s arms full of freshly acquired bundles of rope and books, the lead leatherman give the leash a playful tug and is rewarded with a laugh and smile from other end.