Thursday, April 05, 2007

Day off

Nerdy stole my keys.

Not all of them mind you, just the important ones. The keys to the Abbey were missing, in their place, a note “If you contact me more than once today regarding anything work related I will speak in pig Latin and sing made up songs about rainbows”.

Today, after what has felt like months, I am taking time off. Not just a day, no a whole block of days. See, I’ve been trying to not talk about the death march, that constant push to get it all done, the long days (and nights) that are required to keep the dream called TwistedMonk.Com moving forward. Ever forward, days on end with few breaks and always the constant push to do more.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I get pretty bored of me always complaining about all the work that needs to be done! Needless to say, the last 6 odd weeks have been flat out murder both physically and mentally and I can hear the drums of the Shibaricon march just over the horizon.

This year’s push will be legendary, even for me.

Now, now is the perfect time to stop, breath and take a much-needed break. I’m not sure just what I will do with 4 whole days off, but so far I’ve laughed, smiled, been kissed, comforted, been comforted, flirted in the afternoon sun, spent hours just sipping coffee and surfing for new music, relived a childhood joy (played with baby goats), drank whiskey, worked my muscles till they shook in protest, read a book and landed a huge order (really, I didn’t work they just sent it to me!) Wanna know the really awesome part?

The day is far, far from over.