Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Offline:

How it is possible for one of my favorite Seattle coffee houses to not have wireless internet is beyond me, but they don’t. So here I sit, nursing my americano and toasted bagel while contemplating going back to the Abbey and writing this. I’ve already been there once to unload gear and receive the paychecks. I know, I should be taking the day off after the big show, but such is the life of the boss. At least I’m not making rope today, just admin stuff. Lord knows I should be, you guys just cleaned me out at Shibaricon and I’ve got a huge pile of new orders that need my attention. Tomorrow, I’ll make rope tomorrow.

Today I need to recover from the dreaded post show cold, calling it a cold would be like calling Bush’s re-election, ”unfortunate”. Nope, that fucker has settled into my lungs and is digging in for a fight. I should have seen this one coming, the harder I prep for a big show the worse the post show sickness. I guess I got cocky after the last two shows and thought I had a winning strategy.

I really should find some bandwidth soon, I have a pile of unanswered e-mails to respond to. On that note, I’m beside myself with pride that everyone enjoyed Shibaricon so much. We have been flooded with e-mails, calls and in person thanks for our role in the event. One couple told me that they had never been to a kink convention before, but after reading my blog for so long and trusting that if I were involved in an event then it was worth taking a chance and attending.

Talk about a vote of confidence!

While I’m thrilled and thankful to everyone for all their love and support, the real heroes are all the volunteers who put in the long hours planning this event. While I helped shoulder some of the financial burden and offered my input as to the general shape of the event, it was they who did the daily dirty work. We all owe the event organizer and producer, Diana, a huge thank you. She did the legwork, called the hotels and pulled in a million details to make this event the success it was.

So let me just publicly say thank you to Diana. I am so very thankful for all your hard work and for letting me and my family take part in your event. Shibaricon was a success thanks to you and your team’s tireless efforts.

You are to be commended.

Ok, my coffee is empty and they have changed the music to something annoying, I’ll take that as my cue to leave. Lots left to do today before I can call it, need to rescue my pup from her doggy resort, see my boy, track down some higher caliber cold meds and deposit this inch thick stack of cash.