Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Busy!
June is supposed to be my slow month, you know post Shibaricon chill month. Not the case! Time for me to see about hiring more shop help to keep up with all the new orders.

Yesterday Matisse posted about how she and I will be taking a vacation together. I'm so looking forward to my first real vacation in what seems like forever. Of course this also means I'm going to need to ramp up production so that we have enough stock on hand to keep the crew busy while I'm gone. No matter how big we get, there are still parts of the process that only I do. Every piece of rope that leaves the Abbey is still run through my hands. Can't just shut down the shop and not pay my people while I lay on a beach somewhere. So rather than a "Pre-whatevercon death-march" I guess it will be a "Pre-goddamn I'm taking a vacation death-march"

In other news, it looks like I will be vending at the Boston Summer Flea. We had so much fun at the winter event, we just had to come back for more. Stay tuned for more info on that one.

Oh and I bought a motorcycle! I'm now the proud owner of a 73 BWM R75/5. The chrome "toaster" tank is what sold me. I just love the look of vintage bikes. It needs a bit of work, you know been sitting for a few too many months, but I should have it up and on the road in a couple of weeks. Just in time to re-take an advanced road saftey course. Need to refresh some skills.

Labels: