Friday, June 08, 2007

New Exotic Rope

I’m always on the hunt for cool new ropes to offer as part of our “exotic” line. Folks really love our previous finds like the German 4 strand or Handmade Silk. At this year’s Shibaricon, we introduced a rope that we are calling “White Linen Hemp”

So why would someone want to add this rope to their toybag? Right out of the package it is soft, soft like a cotton cord or our raw silk. However unlike cotton, it has all the knot holding properties of hemp. It also does not burn skin like cotton or nylon when you run it though itself, rather it also has that “vibration” that hemp is famous for. Next cool thing, the rope does not need to be oiled after washing, making care a snap. This makes it great for use in play where your rope will get messy (read CBT and other such types of play. Matisse has been road testing this stuff for weeks with her clients and loves it.) Toss it into the wash, hang dry and use it again.

I play with every rope we sell, well not every rope but rather I test out all the ropes we plan to carry. If I don’t want it in my toybag, I’m not going to sell it. So what about the this new rope?
I’m not a fan of it for general body ties, while my test subjects liked the feel against skin, it was just too thin for my tastes. Suspension? No way in hell. The linen fibers are too thin and weak. I did a test hang with it on myself, and it stood up to the test, but I would advise against it. Now crotch ropes? Nice, very nice. Again, highly washable makes for easy care and re-cleaning.

Where does it really shine? Face bondage. Like, wow this shit is AMAZING. Take a look for yourself.


The softer fiber makes for fewer “hot spots” on the face where the knots may lay against pressure points, the slightly more stretchy nature of the linen gives the subject the ability to shift if things become uncomfortable, and the rope feels great against the skin. All the qualities of a soft cotton or parachute cord coupled with the qualities of a high-end hemp rope. What is not to love?
You can get some for yourself by ordering it here. Or order a sample pack and we will send you 6 inch samples of all our ropes.

Labels: , ,