Thursday, July 26, 2007

Millions of peaches, peaches for me…

I should write about the lunch I had with a beautiful woman and how she edged the hem of her sundress up her long, tan thighs as we sat in the sun talking. I should talk about prep work we are doing for Boston and how behind we are (as usual) for this one. Or perhaps post some photos of this month’s color of the month in action so you can see how cool the dark blue looks against skin and convince you to snap up the last few pieces before it is all gone.

But I’m not. Why? Because last night I sat on the couch and read.

Why is that so blog worthy? Simple, last night as I sat upon one end of the couch, nose planted in the new Harry Potter book (yes I am hooked too), Tambo as at the other end reading as well. Our massive gray/black lion of a cat lay across our co-mingled feet like a great purring foot warmer. There we sat for hours, happy to just be together. The only thing to break this spell of simple tranquility would be the fresh peach cobbler, hot out of the oven, topped with really good French vanilla ice cream.

When Tambo I first started dating some 22 years ago, my mother told me. “The root of the word ‘girlfriend’ is ‘friend’. Passion wanes and desires can change, but a friend will be there long after.”

And there we sat, my favorite person in the world and I, just enjoying the fact that we there. Together.

It has been ages since I posted a recipe, but here goes.
Monk’s favorite peach cobbler recipe:
1 c Bisquick
1 c Milk
1 c Sugar
1 Stick Margarine
1 lg Can Peaches-in Light Syrup/ or 3 large fresh peaches

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the margarine in the (13"x9") pan. Mix the milk, sugar and Bisquick together in a bowl. Pour into the melted margarine.
Pour off half the syrup from the peaches. Spread the peaches with the remaining syrup on top of the batter. Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Yields 1 13"x9" Pan

Labels: ,