Monday, August 06, 2007

5 Questions as asked by the very cool (and way sexy) Hannah.

1. You seem a happy fellow...are you?
I would be a liar if I said that I was always happy, that everything was always sunshine and bunnies for me and that I was knee deep in cash and bondage babes 24/7. The truth of the matter is that this life can be so very overwhelming some days. Sure, when I started the company I said that I wanted to change the world, little did I understand just how much work that would be and what the demands were once you actually started doing just that. There are moments when it all feels so cripplingly overwhelming. Orders to fill, bills to pay, who’s ass do I kiss this week vs. who’s ass do I kick? The politics, what charities do I throw the company’s might behind, what events do we invest in vs. what events should I keep far, far away from? The whole time knowing that this no longer just impacts me, but rather a handful of loyal souls who now trust me to guide their company as well.

All this can make one pine for the simpler days when it was just my I-pod, my boundless enthusiasm and me. That said, I’m deliriously happy.
2. If the answer to that is NO, what would make you happy? If the answer is YES, what brings you joy?
This may sound corny, but you make me happy. You being all those people touched by this little revolution started in my garage. See, I remember introducing you to your sweeties at a rope event two years ago. You all took a gamble and trusted me when I said it would be a good time and that you should attend. There at said event, lives became interconnected. While the rest of the relationship is all in your hands, knowing that me, my rope and this little blog helped connect such wonderful people, well that makes these tired rope maker’s hands a little less sore.

I’ve been so blessed to hear stories like yours. New loves, relationships re-kindled or risks taken all because they saw one of my videos and got inspired, or came out to a convention for the first time just to say hello or thought, “hey if this guy can follow his dreams, why the hell can’t we?”

You inspire me, you drive me, and you make me so very happy that I can’t think of doing anything else in this world more fulfilling.

3. You're a very busy man, and I imagine you have to make hard choices on where to spend your time. If you had 10 extra hours in a week, to do whatever you wish, what would it be?
Alas, the great question. Now if I were a smart man I would say the safe thing and announce that I would dedicate the extra time to my loving (and long suffering) partners. Or perhaps I would say the predictable thing and say that I would spend it at work, getting caught up. However I think I finally understand that I’ll never be caught up, there will always be a death march in my future. The trick is to keep it from overtaking you.

No, I think that if I had more time I would devote it to the two things that have, sadly, fallen by the wayside as of late. The first being more time with my friends. I have so many great people that I love whom I just never get to see. Just recently I saw Galahad and it was almost painful, the simple joy of making each other laugh, I hardly ever see the guy anymore. This, this sucks.

The other would be to be creative. I miss the act of creativity just for the sake of it. Devoting time to this blog for the sheer joy of telling a good story. This, this I miss a great deal.
And then maybe an extra hour at the gym…

4. What would you never, ever, do in a scene? (either as a top or bottom)
Well, there are the obvious ones. Anything involving non-consent, minors, the dead… you know the drill. However the one thing that just seems to leave me cold is racial play. Disclaimer time, if this is your kink and it works for you, you go right on and keep playing in a safe, sane and consensual manner.

Me? No thank you, I’ll pass. Just not my kink.

5. What would you really like to do in a scene, but for whatever reason haven't been able to yet?
Wow, this is a hard one. I’m very lucky to have lovers and play partners who trust me so much that if I can dream it up, one of them will be game to give it a go. For me it is less about the particular activity and more about where do I want to take someone? (or where do I want to be taken). I like to look at my partner and ask, what kind experience would push a particular fear or fulfill a fantasy.

Now if you must have something that I have yet to do but really want to I would have to go with flesh hooking. It scares and intrigues me. I’m not sure just how or in what context I will do it (or have it done to me) but it will happen eventually.

So the rules of the game are that if you want to be interviewed, ask to be in the comments and I’ll ask you 5 questions in your comments. Based on how behind I am, I’ll probably pick one commenter and interview them.