Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Question On Everyone’s Mind

First off, thanks to everyone who sent along well wishes yesterday. Yes this is Monk typing one handed. (I had a LOT of practice doing this back in the chat rooms in the late 90s) I’m sure Alex will be making some form of return visit to this blog, if in the form of surrogate hands at the least.

Now the big question on everyone’s mind, well at least on mine for sure, is am I still going to Boston? My flight out leaves Thursday night and as of now I’m torn. Insert your own tendon joke here. I’m already committed, the tickets bought, the stock shipped, etc. If I back out now, I’m out several grand, but that worries me less than the feeling that I will be letting folks down. The Abbey crew has been working double time to get ready for this show, I’ve been contacted by a number of customers who are eagerly looking forward to the event and I hate the idea of letting them down.

Between my traveling companion, Alex, and all the offers of help I’m fairly sure I could do the show and never have to use my damaged arm. The question is, can I travel cross country with it? Even if I never have to lift it, will my shoulder stand up to the trip? Will this further damage my shoulder and extend my recovery out past the already excruciating six weeks? If I miss the show, cab I recover any the money invested? Will my customers forgive my sudden absence? The Abbey crew is counting on me to bring home a serious wad of cash from this show…I’m not about to let them down.

I figure I have about 24 hours to make a final decision.

Labels: