Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I was just sent this link, a handmade postcard that reminded the sender of me. Hmm, a tied up arm?

I wonder why? *Laugh* The funny thing is that this is pretty close to what happened.

After the accident, as I lay propped up against a telephone pole swearing my brains out, I needed to figure out how to get my broken ass up and into Tambo’s car so that we could make the jaunt to the ER. Any movment of said arm was rewarded with bright, bone splintering jolts of pain. WHat to do? I could not lay here forever, I was running out of good swears too. As luck would have it, in the pocket of my leather jacket was a 10ft piece of crimson hemp rope. Now what was I doing with a spare piece of rope in my riding jacket on a Sunday afternoon? Well that dear readers is another story, suffice to say that I quickly put my use of bondage and basic first aid to good use.

Looping the rope first around the wrist and then around my neck, I then wrapped it around the outside of the damaged arm to immobilize it against my body and tied it off. (Remember, even when doing one handed triage bondage always "Cinch with Gusto!" ). And there, arm wrapped in bondage rope, I went to the ER.