Tuesday, September 04, 2007

On the mend

My collar bone is on the mend and looking better every day, thanks to everyone who have sent me cards, e-mails, hugs and to that special someone who has discovered my weakness for good whiskey and fine chocolates… darlin you are in for one hell of a treat. The shoulder is on the mend, seems like every day I’m gaining more and more movement. I must be driving my partners nuts. Well more than usual, here is a typical exchange.
Exited Monk: “LOOK! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!”
Slightly confused long suffering lover: “what, all you are doing is brushing your teeth?”
Monk: “I know, but look closer…. I’m using my RIGHT HAND!”
Astounded, long suffering lover: “Wait a sec, you could not do that yesterday?”
Monk: ”I could not do that this MORNING!”

While I seem to have been blessed with the ability to heal at a slightly faster rate than most, these things still take time. Sure I wish I could rip off this damn brace and just be done with things, but that is not the case. 3 more weeks, and a few more doctor consults, before I can resume my regularly crazy life.

I will confess to you this; the thing that is driving me nuts is not the pain of a still knitting bone or the soreness from constantly having to wear this damned brace. No, what is driving me nuts is not getting to sling rope now for three weeks. This whole not getting to play for three weeks and the prospect of at least another three before I can safely wrap rope around someone I love and dangle them from the ceiling has me just plain old put out. I know that I will very soon be back in the swing of things, heck we are already on the downhill side of things. Still I feel like a junkie in need of his fix. My rope bag sits forlorn, unused since the night before the accident. Just watching others play with rope makes my palms itch with anticipation of when it will be my turn again.

Patience Monk, rest. Recover, regain the lost strength in your shoulder and then, when they give you the green light, hit that hard point with a vengeance.

Labels: ,