Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Pitch...

This one is just for the hard core readers, those who have been with me through thick and thin. I need your help, loyal reader. Here goes, I need a hook. Well not those kinds of hooks, I have plenty of those. No, I need a two sentence hook that best describes what this whole blog is about. Something that you could use to describe it to a brand new reader that would a) give them the general gist of what this is all about and b) entice them to want to read on. In the film world we used to call this the “30 second pitch”.

Something like, “The real life adventures of a former missionary turned polyamourous kinkster as he tries to change the world with hemp bondage rope.”

But I dunno, to my ears that just sounds weak, then again I have been writing here for nearly 4 years so perhaps my perspective is a bit skewed. See when folks ask me what my blog is about, I shrug and say “my strange life”, but just does not seem to capture it so well.

And so I turn again to you, dear reader, for your help. Just as you were wonderful in helping me organize the “Top 10 posts” (soon to be added to the site once my graphics guy gets back from vacation) I ask you. If you had to pitch this journal to a stranger and had 25 words or less, what would you say?

Here, let me sweeten the deal. If I use your suggestion, I’ll send you a very cool something. A piece of twistedmonk history.

Labels: