Tuesday, December 25, 2007



Yep, you guessed it. I've got a few hours of stuff that must get done today if I want any hope of being ready for the upcoming Boston show next month. Now I know I could complain about how I gave the rest of my crew the time off, or whine here and try and elicit sympathy for my plight... but nah, this is how I choose to spend my day. I've never really been too keen on the whole, "but it is Christmas!" mentality of having to endure family and social events that otherwise you would avoid like a bad case of herpes. Rather, I think charity, gift giving and the general good will towards your fellow human is something that should be practiced every day of the year.

My day so far? It started out late, lingering with my Tambo for as long as possible then off to my favorite lunch spot, A perfect, warm oasis in the middle of the gray industrial pocket where my shop calls home, they too are not so much with the whole "holiday cheer" thing and have opted to open up today and serve coffee and fresh baked treats to folks who need an escape from the pressures of having to do so today.

Thankfully there are just a few hours of work to be done and when I am done I'm joining good friends for a nice, mellow afternoon of non-traditional holiday cheer... and maybe a round or two of Rock Band.

Happy Holiday, however you choose to enjoy it.

Labels: