Wednesday, September 03, 2008

While I finish packing and getting ready to head out to the middle of nowhere, check this out...

Lemme let you in on a little secret, anyone who tells you that they are a "fine art photographer" is just another guy with a camera who likes to take photos of naked people. Back when I fancied myself as one I had a whole stable of friends from the swinger world who were all more than happy to strip at a moments notice and prance around in front of my lens. Of course they were also happy to form huge puppy piles of naked bodies on my studio couch while waiting for me to setup the next shot. This always made for some interesting impromptu shots, like this one. The plan was to drag down a bunch of them during one of the long, 3 day parties at the local swing club, on a Saturday and shoot some group stuff shots. At the end of a long shooting day, they were not quite ready to put their clothes back on so we set the camera out in the parking lot and took this shot. No, contrary to what you might think this is not a composite. There I sat on my studio steps smoking a blunt while a half dozen naked sex fanatics mugged for the camera behind me. The planned images did not turn out as interesting as I had hoped, but the random last shot of the day makes for the perfect self portrait of Monk, circa the summer of 2002...

Labels: ,