Monday, November 03, 2008

Exhausted

Can I just say that I'm so damned sick and tired of this election? Yes, I know that we are standing on the front steps of something "historic". Yes I know that now, in this 11th hour we can't get complacent and let this opportunity pass... but Christ on a cracker can we please stop talking about it? I don't know about the rest of you but I am so sick and tried of every time I read the paper, turn on the tv or hop online being assaulted with the results of some poll or hearing about some hair dresser in Iowa who is still undecided and what they have to say about the matter. Frankly darlin, if you still have not made up your mind after this marathon of campaigning, you are an idiot and get what you deserve.

It feels to me like I'm breaking up with a long term lover. We used to be really exited to see each other. Time just flew by as we could not seem to keep our hands off each other and would gladly fuck to the point of exhaustion. However now, those days seem long ago and I can barely recall what it was like to spend the entire day in anticipation of smelling her skin next to mine as now all we seem to do is talk endlessly about our feelings. Too much processing, to the point where you dread the mere thought of seeing this person for you know that you would rather never, ever see them naked again if it meant that you could escape the dreaded "conversation" about the issues and how you "feel".

"Put a bullet in my head, this is done."

That, that is how I feel about this election. Sure, tomorrow morning I'm marching my ass to my local polling booth and casting my vote. I'm making sure my crew are all cleared to come in late so they can also vote as well.

But damn, can we stop talking about it and get it over with so we can get back to the hot sex!?

Labels: