Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Regarding December’s Color of the Month

Tomorrow, Wednesday December 10th, I will be releasing our next Color of the Month for sale.

As you may know, every month I create a small batch, limited edition color. This one of a kind color is offered up for sale, first come first served, and when it is sold out, it is sold out for good. Demand for these unique colors has been nothing sort of amazing, often selling out in a matter of hours, I do not advertise when the new color will be available till it is ready and only then to readers of my blog and twitter feed.

So why am I breaking with tradition and pre-announcing the new shade?

Two reasons really, first and most obvious would be that this is the holiday season and folks are looking for presents. Due to the rate at which the color of the month sells, we cut and process orders as they arrive in order to reduce the chance of overselling the shade. Most color of the month orders will be shipped with in 24hours. December 10th is the cut off day for placing a rope order for domestic delivery.

The other reason?

Well this rope is special; this rope will help bring change.

Of all the things I have done in my life so far, being married to Tambo is one of the things I am most proud of. Our 20+ years together have been nothing short of amazing and I could not do all I have done with out her unwavering support. I, I am a big fan of the institution of marriage and this is why it appalls me that in this, the 21st century, we would deny this basic civil right to others based on their sexual orientation. It angers me to know that groups, choosing to selectively clinging to Bronze Age ideas, would seek to not only refuse this right to consenting adults, but also work to further restrict the civil rights of those they deem as “immoral”.

Sure, I’m straight and am not directly impacted by such mindless and prejudice legislation as California’s Proposition 8, but to deny the civil rights of any group of consenting adults is to endanger the civil rights of us all. It is the responsibility of all of us who identify as “other”, to band together as one great and clear voice and say “No, this is not how my country treats its citizens”.

This is why I am proud to announce that TwistedMonk.Com will donate the profits from the sale of this shade to marraigeequality.org so that they can continue to fight so that all Americans, regardless of race, creed or sexual orientation are not denied their civil rights.


There you have it, tomorrow at 10am I’m releasing “equality”. An ox-blood red rope, a rope with a mission and a cause behind it. A rope that you can proudly give as a gift, even a gift to yourself, and know that you have taken part to bring about progress and defeat those would seek to deny the rights of others.

Remember, we are all in this together.

Labels: ,