Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The question of “why”

I frequently get the “why do you like to do this?” question when talking about rope bondage. A perfectly normal and harmless question, but on that could easily take hours to explain all the historical, artistic and psychological reasons, so instead I like to tell this story.

Few years back I was selling rope at a convention and got into this very conversation with three well known and well regarded rope tops. When asked, the first paused and stroked his chin contemplatively and said, “It would have to be the artistry of it all, the lines and how they form across the body. The symmetry of the rope and how it forms the bottom into a compelling shape…”
The next one shook his head and disagreed, “That is all well and good, but for me it is the engineering of it. The “how” of doing bondage, what knots are going to be the strongest and most useful, how am I going to execute the bondage in the most efficient and streamlined fashion… that is what I really like”

Turning to the third and final rigger, he sorta shrugged and in a matter of fact voice said, “I do it cuz trying up pretty girls makes my dick hard. Always has.”