Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Letting the “SEAF” thing out of the bag

I’ve made mention of it in my twitter feed, small hints as to this “thing” I have in the works. Well now I can let the cat out of the bag, to an extent, and start talking about this new, exiting and large project I’ve taken on.

For those cool kids in the know, SEAF stands for Seattle Erotic Art Festival, a long running and very cool art show that draws a wide variety of erotic art from all over the world and for three days is the epicenter of sexy for Seattle. Back when I was still shooting, I had pieces in the first 3 SEAF shows, but since starting up the rope company most of my photography has been more snapshots for fun and not of the caliber that this event warrants.

That is not to say that I’ve not wanted to contribute something…

So this year, when the call for festival performances was made, I figured that now was the time to step up and see what was possible. After some initial testing of the waters, the “gee it would be really cool to do a suspension performance” idea grew into something larger, more complex and frankly much more compelling. Thankfully the event directors, who all deserve medals, listened to my idea, offered feedback and in the end agreed to grant my idea as worthy of the festival. What started out as a 10-15 minute suspension bondage performance has now become a 200sq foot installation piece that will feature live performances, video and CGI.

Ambitious? Who? Me?

Tomorrow I’ll blog more about this as well as put the call out for performance bottoms. Wait before you fire me off an email volunteering as what I am looking for is not what most expect when you say “Suspension Bondage Model”.

There is a method to my madness, I assure you.

Labels: