Thursday, May 20, 2010

It dawned on me this morning as I was shaving at the gym some things are too cool to be lost to the sands of time and the march of technology. The sound a straight razor makes as it slides, blade bright and wet, across skin. The sense of satisfaction as my motorcycle roars to life when I use the old school kick starter. The joy in mixing a cocktail that has been forgotten, tasting the pleasure of using just the right, hard to find ingredients as opposed to taking the easy route and opting for something premixed or "simple"

Funny, I'm all for technology and progress. Hell, I'm doing this update via my phone. A phone that is packing more tech in its tiny plastic shell than we used to land on the moon.

The faster our lives become and more prepackaged life gets, the more we need to slow down, embrace lost things and enjoy the retro.

Let's face it, things are "classic" for a reason.

Labels: