Monday, August 08, 2005

Poke, Poke

So last night I had the pleasure of sticking needles into the skin of my dearest Tambo.

While not the first time for me with needles, as you may recall I have been on the receiving end of them before, this was my very first time sticking them into someone. Let me tell you, both Tambo and I were nervous. This was something that we both agreed that we wanted to try, together. After hearing about the experiences from others, and me, Tambo was curious to try it for herself but only if it were at my hand. Dancer patiently and calmly helped my setup, showed me the process, put in the first needle to gauge her reaction and then helped steady my nervous hand when it came time for me to press the sharpen end against the pale skin of my dearest love.

Now there are two things here that just amaze me about being kinky.

First would be the fact that someone handed down his or her knowledge to me. While there are lots of reference books and information available for budding kinksters, the preferred method of learning is still hands on, mentor to student. This passing of knowledge is a huge part of the SM culture. Every time I teach someone a wrist tie, I’m reminded of who first taught it to me. One day, with lots of practice, I will help steady someone’s hand while they do their first play piercing and fondly remember the one who first taught me.

The second thing?

I cannot put into words really that moment when I, needle in gloved hand, looked down at my love and she smiled up at me. No smiled would be too mild a word, she beamed at me and when I asked her if she was ready she responded with a nervous giggle nodded her head. That moment of trust and connection took me back. We were teenagers again, in those nervous moments before we first made love. Unsure just what would happen next or how the other would respond, sacred, but we knew that we would do this for the very first time, together.

She was the first woman I ever made love to. She was the first woman I ever tied up, first woman I ever flogged, my first suspension, my first inverted suspension now my first needle victim. Who knows whom I may pierce in the future, but she will always be my first.