Friday, June 01, 2007

“You get a lot of chicks with this bondage thing?”
I had to blink twice to mask my surprise at the question. I get asked lots of questions, but this was a first. He seemed sincere enough, standing there at the Bondage is the Point party.
“Well,” Pausing to collect my thoughts, I lean protectively against the cage where my wife was bundled into a tiny ball of straight jacket and hood, blissfully tuning out the world, and glance across the room at my other partner who pauses mid conversation to flash me her warm smile, then to the young girl waiting eagerly at the edge of the party, before the night is done she will be naked, hanging from the ceiling in my rope, and finally to rest back on the man asking me the question. “Sorta, I guess”

Now I’d love to say that being good at rope will score you more attention from the fairer sex than you will ever want for. No, that would be false advertising. Attraction is based on a myriad of factors, things like personal charisma, confidence, good hygiene, and sought after skills... like rope. Yes, being good with rope is a sought after skill. Chicks do dig guys who can tie and tie well. Now while I can’t do much to help out in the charisma or confidence arenas, I can give you the hook up when it comes to rope skills.

Max is teaching another one of his amazing Fundamentals of Rope Bondage classes this Sunday at the Wetspot in Seattle. For folks just getting into rope, this is an excellent opportunity to gain some new skills in a safe, fun environment. I’ve sat through a LOT of rope 101 classes in this job and Max is hands down one of the best teachers in the game. Don’t miss this class, he is taking the summer off and your next chance to take this class will be in October.

For more info check out Max’s website.

Labels: